Translate

Monday 26 March 2012

Palm Beach

As    many  of  you   know ,  prior  moving  to  London   I  used  to  live  in  Miami  ,   and   because   I  am   always   been  a   Fashionista    I....    started  to   look  around   and   became  obsessed   with   Palm  Beach   Label   Lilly  Pulitzer  .


C.  Orrico   just  off   of  the  famous Worth  Avenue  ( The   Rodeo  Drive  of  Palm  Beach ),  is    been    selling   Lilly  Pulitzer   ever   since   the   label  is  been  around  .


Lilly McKim married Peter Pulitzer and needed something to keep her busy down there in Palm Beach all day long. She opened a juice stand and soon found the need for something comfortable that would camouflage the stains she would get on her clothes when squeezing fruit. The result was a brightly printed dress she could wear every day, everywhere. Not only was the dress practical, it quickly became the iconic style of a fun-loving lifestyle... The Classic Lilly Shift was born. 


Every  season   I  had  to   have few  more   Lilly  new   print    dresses  or  Capri trousers,   in  the    print  there written  Lilly   hiding  in  the   design  and   this   was  another    cool  factor   of  the  brand     .  I   still   have   all   as  part  of   my  personal   archive   . 
So   did   you    found   Lilly written  hiding  in  the   design  of  the  above  prints?







The   Print   looks   amazing   with   60   style    shapes ,    the   good   American    Bon  Ton  . 






I was   so  happy    when  I  saw  a  Lilly Pulitzer  inspired   collection  for Prada  Cruise  12.   
The one  of  you  who  know  me know   I  am  obsessed  with  Prada  !!!  last   year   I  did  ask  to  interview   her   for  HIA   magazine  on   "  Where  Fashion  goes  on holiday " and  ...  I  was  told   she   does   not  do    interview   ......   I  wanted  to  ask her  can  I   go  holiday   with you ...  I  am   not  an  Fashion  intellectual  more   a  fashion   Barbie but  I  am  lovely ....  I  will   try   again   to  ask  if    she   need  a  sister  !!! 
I  of  course   bought  quite    few  pieces   from  Prada   cruise  !
 
 Lilly Pulitzer  dress  from  my  personal  Archive. 


Have   a  wonderful  Printed    Spring !!!
Ciao

Roberta XOXO


                         




      .

No comments:

Post a Comment